2000 Bulletins Index
AFTINET Bulletin No 12
19 Dec 2000
- Successful launch of WTO booklet
- Booklet and updated training kits sent to all subscribers
- Letter to send on the Australia Singapore Free Trade Agreement
AFTINET Bulletin No 11
1 Dec 2000
- Book launch reminder
- AFTINET Opinion Piece in the Aust Financial Review November 30
- Global events for the Anniversary of Seattle
- Australia - Singapore Free Trade Agreement
AFTINET Bulletin No 10
13 Nov 2000
- AFTINET Booklet Launch - 7 Dec
- The WTO a year from Seattle - any change?
- Parliamentary Inquiry into the WTO - Canberra hearing
- European Union seeks new "fast track" negotiating powers for the WTO
- Corporate Code of Conduct Bill Inquiry-get your submission in
- ASEAN knocks back Free Trade Area, APEC stalls again but Australia tries Singapore.
- Coming Events: Aidwatch Christmas Party Fri November 17, 6.30 pm.
AFTINET Bulletin No 9
19 Oct 2000
- Simpler website address for AFTINET.
- WTO Inquiry hearings begin in Brisbane.
- AFTINET Booklet on the WTO.
- International week of Action on the WTO November 30-Dec 6; Booklet Launch.
- AFTINET organisational issues.
- Coming events.
AFTINET Bulletin No 8
27 Sept 2000
- World Economic Forum and S11.
- Parliamentary Inquiry on the WTO.
- Report on AFTINET lobbying in Canberra August 31.
- WTO negotiations and international day of action.
- Corporate Code of Conduct Bill tabled.
AFTINET Bulletin No 7
18 Aug 2000
- Parliamentary Inquiry into the WTO - Summary of AFTINET Submission
- Melbourne and Sydney events for the World Economic Forum
- Fair trade and you - buying fairly traded products.
- Sign-on letter: WTO – the turn around agenda.
AFTINET Bulletin No 6
10 July 2000
- Parliamentary Inquiry into WTO!
- ACTU adopts Fair Trade Policy
- Maude Barlow Public Lecture a success
- USA lobbies WTO to oppose labelling of genetically modified food
AFTINET Bulletin No 5
13 June 2000
- SBS Insight program
- Senate Report blasts Fed Govt, WTO on salmon quarantine decision
- ALP Tade Policy debate
- The WTO & genetically engineered food
AFTINET Bulletin No 4
11 May 2000
- AFTINET strategies & actions
- Export Credit Agencies
- Democrats' Trade Statement
AFTINET Bulletin No 3
8 April 2000
- IMF & World Bank policies under fire
- Jubilee 2000 - Aust should drop the debt
- Sign-on letter from Public Citizens Global Trade Watch
AFTINET Bulletin No 2
21 March 2000
- WTO & Aust salmon quarantine laws
- WTO framework & structures - the debate
AFTINET Bulletin No 1
8 March 2000
- Update on Treasury consultations on OECD guidelines on multinational enterprises
- WTO & genetically modified organisms
- World Economic Forum Meeting, September 2000 in Melbourne